Our tutors are students who excel academically, have exceptional interpersonal skills, and are motivated to help their UD peers achieve academic goals.
The OAE is always looking for qualified individuals. APPLY BELOW–join our team today!!!
Positions Available include:
Individual tutors, Drop-in tutors, Group tutors and PASS leaders.
We are accept tutor applications ongoing. Priority placement is based on need.
Why Become a Tutor:
- Flexible hours
- Extra income
- Re-enforce your understanding of course content
- Impressive listing for your resume
- Gives you a glimpse into teaching and professions that involve helping others
- Improves your interpersonal and communication skills
- A simple yet effective way of contributing to your college community
- Overall GPA of at least 3.00
- 30 or more earned credit hours ( AP credits not eligible)
- Currently enrolled UD graduate student
- Minimum grade of a “B” in each course you wish to tutor (“A” preferred)
- UD professor or Staff recommendation
- Copy of unofficial transcript
- Availability to participate in orientation, training, & meetings
- Good communication and interpersonal skill
- Knowledge of the university community
- Preferred: experience in teaching, presenting information and/or helping others learn
- Must be able to devote an entire semester to being employed as a tutor
Expectations of a Hired Tutor:
- Organize & manage a successful tutorial session from start to finish
- Model positive academic skills and behavior
- Provide excellent customer service
- Be friendly, be patient, be assertive, be sensitive, be discreet, be creative and be responsible