Tutoring is available in four formats: one-on-one tutoring is the only type with a fee. Undergraduate students charge $12.00/hr and graduate students charge $15.00/hr. Our drop-in, Study Group, and PASS sessions are FREE!
The OAE offers 3 types of remote tutoring through the end of the semester. Individual tutoring using Zoom is offered and you can make an appointment through Blue Hen Success. The tutor’s Zoom Id will be sent you in the appointment confirmation. Zoom Drop-in tutoring is offered Sunday through Friday . The detailed schedule can be found on our web page under “Our Services” Zoom Study Groups are also offered. If you have a group of 5 to 15 friends who would like to review material for the same class complete the study group form . The office will contact you when a tutor has been found.
Yes, make sure to tell your tutor you receive free tutoring and the name of the sponsored program are you are a member.
Please discuss with your tutor on what cash app he or she accepts. Examples are venmo, zelle and cash app.
- All appointments should be made using the Blue Hen Success system. A confirmation email is sent to both tutee and tutor after scheduled.
- If there is still no response, please email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org to file a complaint. We do hold our tutors accountable for prompt responses and great customer service.
- Please include in your email:
- name of the tutor(s)
- time the request was made
- date the request was made
- number or email used to make contact
- a copy of the message request sent to the tutor via text or email
- your name and needs
- Please include in your email:
We have 3 locations for drop-in tutoring: During the week:
- Central Campus: Center for Academic Success (148-150 S. College Ave.)
- North Campus: Christina Commons (1 Christiana Dr, Newark, DE 19717)
- East Campus: Harrington Hall A, (South Academy Street, Harrington Complex Residence Hall)
First, check our other tutoring service schedules to see if any other support is being offered. If not, feel free to Contact Us with details about your needs. We will do our best to to find you support. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that a tutor will be found for every subject.
You will need to log in to the Blue Hen Success System, schedule a tutor appointment HERE
- Go to AE. Udel.edu
- Select “Our Services”
- Select “Individual Tutoring”
- Click on Schedule an Appointment- this will take you to Blue Hen Success where you will put in the class you are looking for and the tutors available.
- Select “Get Assistance”
- Follow the prompt
Log in to Blue Hen Success and click on the Calendar tab directly under the Student Home heading at the top of the page. Navigate to the appropriate date/time and click on your scheduled tutoring appointment. Select Cancel My Attendance then Need to Cancel. To save, click Mark as Cancelled.
The in-person workshops give a broader overview than the online, but the presenter can elaborate/respond to questions as they arise; the online workshops have more detail (and examples), but there is no way to ask questions.
In-person workshops are generally designed to be 50-60 minutes long.
Absolutely. If it lies within our area of expertise, we are happy to personalize our presentation for your students. Please allow one month’s lead time.
Each workshop has a Putting it into Practice page that creates something that can be turned in to the instructor.
Our Academic Coach will help you assess your current challenges and strategies, sharing resources and making recommendations for strengthening your performance. Meetings with your coach can be as often as weekly.
Rather than pulling our instructors from the faculty, our team is made up of UD professional staff and others with a strong commitment to our students’ success.
No. These are regular, credit-bearing courses—you will register (and pay) for them just like you do any other class.